Japan Data Center Portfolio Report 2023: Detailed Analysis of 103 Existing Data … – Press Release

DUBLIN, May 24, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Japan Existing & Upcoming Data Center Portfolio” report has been added to  ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.

This report covers Japan’s data center market portfolio analysis, which will provide information on the colocation data centers


  • Japan is witnessing the entry of a new edge data center operator, Edge Centres, that has announced its plan to build two off-grid edge data center facilities across Kanto and Kyushu.
  • Tokyo and Osaka are the primary data center hubs, with around 80% of the existing third-party data centers. Other cities such as Kobe, Saitama, Matsue, Shiroi, Yokohama, and others account for the remaining 20%.
  • International data center providers usually acquire local data center companies or establish joint ventures to establish data centers in the country. For instance, the joint venture between Mitsubishi Corporation & Digital Realty, Equinix & GIC.
  • The rising adoption of cloud-based services is helping the growth of retail and wholesale colocation services in the market. The market is witnessing increased demand for colocation spaces across existing and upcoming data centers.

The data points covered in the database

  • Detailed Analysis of 103 existing data centers
  • Detailed Analysis of 22 upcoming data centers
  • Locations covered: Akashi, Chiba, Ginoza, Hokkaido, Kitakyushu, Kobe, Matsue, Nago, Osaka, Oyama, Saitama, Sanda, Shirakawa, Shiroi, Takamatsu, Tatebayashi, Tokyo, Yokohama, Okinawa, Inzai.
  • Existing white-floor space (square feet)
  • Upcoming white-floor space (square feet)
  • Current IT load capacity (2022)
  • Future capacity additions (2023-2025)
  • Retail Colocation Pricing
  • Quarter Rack (1/4)
  • Half Rack Cabinets (1/2)
  • Full Rack Cabinet (42U/45U/47U/etc.)
  • Wholesale colocation (per kW) pricing


  • Market Snapshot
  • Location (Region/Country/City)
  • Facility Address
  • Operator/Owner Name
  • Data Center Name i.e., (Tokyo Tama Campus or DC3.)
  • Core & Shell Area (White-Floor Area)
  • Core & Shell…