Premier League players are set to be cleared to play for their clubs this weekend after Brazil reportedly dropped their complaint about their failure to report for international duty.
Under Fifa rules, players not released for the recent South American World Cup qualifiers were to be suspended from playing for five days.
In total, 11 players were the subject of complaints.
But the Press Association reports all countries involved waived the bans.
Players cleared to play
- Alisson, Fabinho, Roberto Firmino (Liverpool and Brazil)
- Ederson and Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City and Brazil)
- Thiago Silva (Chelsea and Brazil)
- Raphinha (Leeds and Brazil)
- Fred (Manchester United and Brazil)
- Miguel Almiron (Newcastle and Paraguay)
- Raul Jimenez (Wolves and Mexico)
- Francisco Sierralta (Watford and Chile)
‘Common sense prevailed’
All of the South American qualifiers took place in…