NANJING, China, April 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — On April 15, 2022, Simcere Pharmaceutical (2096.HK), an innovation and R&D driven pharmaceutical company in China held its first R&D day for international investors, during which the executive leaders revealed Simere’s R&D strategy, and gave an update on Simcere’s pipeline to the global investment community.
Mr. REN Jinsheng, Chairman and CEO, Dr. TANG Renhong, Executive Vice President, Dr. Bijoyesh Mookerjee, Chief Medical Officer, Oncology, Mr. ZHOU Gaobo, Chief Investment Officer, Dr. Kevin Oliver, Senior Vice President, Dr. Danny Chen, Senior Vice President, Mr. Andrew Zhu, Senior Vice President, and Mr. BAO Jun, Board Secretary attended the meeting as speakers.
- First-in-class (FIC) novel myelo-protective drug Trilaciclib is expected to be launched in China in 2022. Targeting large Chinese patient population receiving chemotherapy, the product has the potential for delivering significant patient impact and commercial success.
- As a breakthrough product in China’s stroke market, Sanbexin® achieved significant growth and contributed to the overall annual CNS business revenue of RMB 1.5 billion, highlighting Simcere’s strong commercial capabilities. Rapid clinical development of Sanbexin sublingual tablets for sequential stroke treatment and other investigational new drugs is forming a multi-mechanism, full-course therapeutic approach to stroke which will further secure Simcere’s leadership in this area.
- Proprietary oral SARS-CoV-2-3CL inhibitor co-developed by Simcere and the Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica (SIMM) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences is the first locally manufactured oral 3CL inhibitor approved for clinical trial in China. The first subject was enrolled in early April.
- Simcere’s R&D pipeline consists of nearly 60 projects, with 20 projects in clinical stage, involving 17 potential innovative drugs.
- The company is seeking global expansion by actively exploring oversea licensing…